The school community believes it is the fundamental right of each student to learn in a safe, nurturing environment. Based on the premise that ALL students can learn, students are provided content standards-based curriculum with high expectations for success. We recognize and appreciate the diversity of our student population and school community, and we strive to foster respect for self and others.
“Growing, learning, and achieving together.”
- Creating a safe learning environment that empowers students to develop personal responsibility.
- Creating a professional learning community where students learn, staff work together to improve student achievement, and efforts are assessed on the basis of results.
- Continuing to improve our standards-based instructional programs with a focus on Language Arts, Mathematics and English Language Development.
- Continuing to emphasize the importance of writing by utilizing various programs and teaching writing across the curriculum
- Holding high academic and behavioral expectations for ALL students and communicating these expectations to parents and students.
- Collaborating within and across grade levels to focus instruction on target sub-skills needed for growth.
- Providing a school-wide system of interventions, both during the day and after school, that provides students with additional time and support to overcome their difficulties in learning.
- Providing multiple opportunities for students of all academic levels to learn based on ongoing assessment.
- Developing a community of learners that recognize and respect each other’s differences and similarities by providing students opportunities to interact with each other in organized instructional activities.
- Providing an English Language Development program that instructs students at the appropriate language level using district adopted materials.
- Developing a community of readers, writers and thinkers who take responsibility for their learning.
- Implementing instructional programs that enhance and extend learning such as Accelerated Reader, Moby Max, performing arts, and Artist in the Classroom.
SCHOOL HOURS/BELL SCHEDULE
Monday through Friday
8:00 A.M. to 2:13 P.M.
8:00 A.M. to 12:55 P.M.
Transitional Kindergarten and Kindergarten
9:30 to 9:50 A.M. and 1:00 to 1:15 P.M.
Grades 1, 2, and 3
9:55 to 10:15 A.M.
Grades 4, 5, and 6
10:20 to 10:40 A.M.
Transitional Kindergarten & Kindergarten
11:00 to 11:40 A.M.
Grades 1 and 2
11:25 A.M. to 12:05 P.M.
Grades 3 and 4
11:50 A.M. to 12:30 P.M.
Grades 5 and 6
12:10 to 12:50 P.M.